Fall is officially here and that means pumpkin spice lattes are back! Call me basic, but I love them. Unfortunately, when I go to pick them up at a coffee shop — they are full of sugars or other ingredients that I would rather not have.
Dr. Will Cole is the author of Ketotarian, and shared that he wanted a clean, plant-based, keto spin on this Fall drink. This recipe eliminates all of the sugar in conventional PSLs and replaces it with stevia or another low-carb, natural sweetener and also calls for added healthy fat to help keep you satiated and avoid crashing that usually comes after consuming sugar.
Ketotarian Pumpkin Spice Latte (Vegan Keto)
- 1 cup coffee
- Almond, coconut, or oat milk (amount will vary depending on desired level of creaminess)
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil
- 1 tablespoon organic canned pumpkin
- Vanilla stevia, allulose, or monk fruit to taste
- Cinnamon (to sprinkle on top)
- Brew coffee in a large mug.
- Add in milk, MCT oil, pumpkin pie spice, organic canned pumpkin, and sweetener. Mix with a milk frother.
- Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon