Ok, so I am an avid drinking of green juice (because who isn’t in LA) and in addition to that, I generally have ginger in them or my smoothies or with sushi … but a shot was not so bueno.
Small doses of ginger don’t really bother me, I like the refreshing taste and I know its really good for me. So I went to a place called Juice Served Here, which is becoming a close 2nd favorite to Pressed Juicery for my go to place for juices.
They have a greens juice that i la la la loveeeee its called green milk. But they also have various shots there. So here is my reaction to a ginger shot
You might ask yourself, umm if Marianna looked that miserable why on earth would I do this to myself?
Welllll here are the benefits according to Food Matters TV
1. Haven’t been feeling hungry? Eat fresh ginger just before lunch to stoke a dull appetite and fire up the digestive juices.
2. Ginger improves the absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients in the body.
3. Ginger clears the ‘microcirculatory channels’ of the body, including the pesky sinuses that tend to flare up from time to time.
4. Feeling airsick or nauseous? Chew on ginger, preferably tossed in a little honey.
5. Can’t stop the toot-a-thon? Gas—oops—guess what?! Ginger helps reduce flatulence!
6. Tummy moaning and groaning under cramps? Munch on ginger.
7. Reeling under joint pain? Ginger, with its anti-inflammatory properties—can bring relief. Float some ginger essential oil into your bath to help aching muscles and joints.
8. Just had surgery? Chewing ginger post-operation can help overcome nausea.
9. Stir up some ginger tea to get rid of throat and nose congestion. And when there’s a nip in the air, the warming benefits of this tasty tea are even greater!
10. Bedroom blues? Try adding a gingery punch to a bowl of soup. (Pss…the Ayurvedic texts credit ginger with aphrodisiac properties)