I’m currently traveling around Asia, so far made a pit stop in Tokyo and Bangkok and now exploring Vietnam. I am taking too many pictures to flood my instagram feed so the ones that didn’t make the cut are going on here. I hope you love them, I’m snapping everyday too so you can watch me pretty much in the moment (marianna_hewitt) and don’t worry I’m vlogging along the way. I’ll keep adding to this post as I go, so check back for new pictures.
If you are traveling to Ho Chi Minh City here are some recommendations for food and fun from myself and my Instagram friends
- The Lunch Lady for soup
- Quan An Ngon for traditional Vietnamese food but very touristy but a clean alternative to local places
- Chill Skybar if you are looking to party by night with a view of the city from a rooftop
- Ben Thanh Market where you can find everything from fruit to fake Celine bags
- L’uisine (photo below) for a Modern French Vietnamese coffee shop and shopping area, a favorite of mine from the visit
- Cuc Gach Quan, a favorite of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie
- High end shops on Dong Khoi Street
- Secret Garden photo below
Tea in Tokyo
Temple in Bangkok
Secret Garden Restaurant in Ho Chi Minh City, thank you Hung for the recommendation!
This fried rice was so good with little crispy bits, recipe please
An instagram comment highly recommended L’usine, which was right next to my hotel. I was so pleasantly surprised when we got there. Walk down an alley, up some stairs and find a modern French/Vietnamese cafe and shopping. I would recommend stopping by for a coffee and dessert or breakfast.
I unfortunately ended my trip to Saigon on a bad note. Being clumsy me, I leaned against a hot motorcycle exhaust pipe and burned the back of both my legs. One is pretty bad and the other bad too, this put a damper on the trip for sure but I’ll be fine. Now it’s off to Da Nang.