I had so much fun visiting Dubai last week while I was in the city for Beauty Pop. I had the chance to be part of a great panel moderated by Jen Atkin alongside my friends Camila and Desi. While we were there for the conference, we thankfully got to do some fun sightseeing and dining, and of course, I brought your suggestions along with me. I promised you guys that I’d do a roundup of all my must-see spots and things to do once I made it back home, and here it is! Keep reading for my picks on lodging, activities, and dining in the beautiful city of Dubai.
WHERE TO STAY
- Jumeirah Beach Hotel: You absolutely need to do a few days by the beach. This world-famous hotel group is known for its gorgeous properties, but the Jumeirah Beach Hotel has a gorgeous view of the marina. Whether you want to dip your toes in the sand or go for a luxury boat ride, this is the spot to do it. Plus, the rooms are some of the very best.
- Sofitel Dubai Downtown: Get a glimpse of the Dubai skyline and Arabian Gulf from this trendy hotel right in the heart of downtown. Once you’re done having your relaxing days at the beach, move closer to the city for some of my favorite tourist attractions. This hotel is actually connected to the Dubai Mall, for those of you who love to shop.
WHAT TO DO
- Desert Safari with Platinum Heritage: A trip through the desert safari is a must if you’re ever in Dubai. You can choose from several rides and tour types depending on your preferences. From riding through the desert sand in a jeep with your group to hopping on some camels, it really is an experience you won’t forget.
- Burj Khalifa: Visiting the top of Burj Khalifa is another experience to cross off your bucket list. The skyscraper is officially recognized as the tallest building in the world, so it’s definitely worth taking advantage of the view from the top. They do tours to help you get the full experience, and there’s also a ton of photo opportunities to make the memories last a lifetime.
- The Dubai Mall: I had always heard amazing things about the Dubai mall, but once I saw it for myself I totally understood the hype surrounding it. The Dubai Mall is one of the world’s largest and the shopping experience is one that is truly unmatched. The mall even has its own hotels and other attractions including an ice rink, iconic fountain and the aquarium.
- Boat Tour: Dubai’s marina is too beautiful for you to not enjoy a boat ride during your trip. There’s an endless amount of boat tours available, whether it’s relaxed day trips or more formal dinner cruises. The views aren’t worth missing!
- La Mer: Another way to enjoy the beachfront views is by visiting the popular La Mer. It’s an outdoor attraction with shopping, dining and other outdoor activities. You can even rent a cabana and relax and have a drink with your friends.
WHERE TO EAT
- Zuma: Dubai has an abundance of great seafood restaurants, but Zuma is definitely one of my favorites. They have delicious sushi and grilled fish dishes, but the restaurant’s ambiance is also so chic and upscale.
- Scalini: Another one of the Dubai’s popular restaurants is Scalini known for its Italian cuisine. Located in Restaurant Village inside the Four Seasons Jumeirah Beach, the vibe is certainly an authentic one. They make some of their pasta in a cheese wheel, and the gelato is fantastic.
- La Petite Maison: This bistro is known for its light spin on French Mediterranean dishes. If you’re looking for fresh and healthy meals, while still getting the full sit-down dinner experience, then this is the place to be.
- Al Hadheerah: For those you like dinner and a show, don’t miss taking a visit to Al Hadheerah. The traditional Arabic restaurant also features belly dancers, henna artists, and much more to keep you entertained.